Environmental Field Technician / Intern – Grand Rapids, Michigan
We are an Environmental Engineering company in Grand Rapids, Michigan looking for an Environmental Field Technician / Intern to join our BLDI team. You will be a part of a team that has a solid work ethic, is uncompromising in their quality, and is passionate about growing and improving. As the Environmental Field Technician, you will collect data and document field conditions for remediation sites, develop documentation for the remediation team, and a variety of other field work.
This role will ideally transfer to a full-time position with benefits within 90 days. There is flexibility to start the first 90 days at 24 – 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime.
What it's like to work here:
For over 30 years we have been providing high quality, cost-effective and timely environmental services throughout the Midwest. You will be a part of a team that has a solid work ethic, is uncompromising in their quality, and is passionate about growing and improving. Taking care of our employees is just common sense; we want our employees to thrive and we strive to make that happen.
What you'll get to do:
- Collect data and documenting field conditions for remediation sites
- Prepare and clean equipment, operate field sampling pumps and monitoring instruments
- Collect soil, groundwater and soil gas samples
- Collection of field results and monitoring and documentation of field events
- Preparation of samples for laboratory pick-up
- Develop tables, figures and a variety of documents for the remediation department
- Participate in safety trainings, follow safety standards and prepare and implement site safety plans
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Geology or related field
- OSHA 40- Hour HAZWOPER is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for communicating with project managers, clients and other teammates
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work with a team to complement the skills of others
- Solid problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- A “clean” driving record (e.g. no DWI or DUI)
- Ability to regularly travel for field work including out-of-town travel and overnight stays
- Must have the current and continuing right to work in the United States of America without restrictions or expirations
Please submit a letter of introduction and curriculum vitae to BLDI, Inc. via Aiden Winters (firstname.lastname@example.org) at DISHER Talent Solutions.